1995 Crwon Vic Transmission

My '95 with 91000 miles started shifting hard into 2nd for two days.
Last night it didn't want to shift into second at all. It would stay in 1st until I got going faster. When I then backed off the throttle, it
would go into a higher gear.
Does this sound like an adjustment or I really in trouble?
Thanks,
Mike
The fluid level is OK. Recently had a leaky line replaced and it was refilled.
On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 03:47:11 -0500, Mike

There are no adjustments of the trans in your CV that do not require an overhaul to set. You may have a problem with the solenoid pack which may show up with a scan of the ECM. You also need to make sure the fluid is at the correct level. At the mileage you are, it is quite possible that the trans is ready for overhaul. I have seen a couple where the converter caused similar problems. The problem with just replaceing the converter is that the trans has to come out to replace it and it is a crap shoot repair which means it would only make sense to overhaul the trans which should include replacement of the converter anyway. All of that said, a good technician should be able to check the solenoid pack for problems externally. You could also take a shot at a complete service which includes draining the converter. This sometimes will correct shift problems if it has not been done n some time.
Lugnut
lugnut wrote:

Thank you Lugnut,
I'll have it checked out.