1995 E150 Van engine dies when hot

My 1995 E150 with the 5.8L v8, all the sudden died yesterday while I was driving it. The weather hot yesterday - in the upper 80's. I did not have the a/c on. When the engine died, the temperature gage was
just slighly beyond the middle mark. The engine was not over heating. I tried to restart the car, but the engine went rough and it refued to run smoothly. I parked the car and one of my friend took me home. Later in the evening when the temperature has dropped considerably, my wife and I went back to the place where I parked the van. I started the van and drove home without any problem. The van drove normally as through nothing has happened. Does anyone know what may have caused the engine to die when the temperature was hot? The check engine light did not light up. I do not know even where to look. Thanks for your help.
Steve
I've had this happen to me a few times, Econolines vapor lock easily this time of year when there still may be winter gas in the gas stations. Winter gas is more volatile than summer mix so it boils and vapor locks very easy in unseasonably hot weather. Open the gas cap and let out the pressure. After the motor cools and the fuel stops boiling in the lines and fuel rails it will start, clear out and run fine. Leave the gas cap cracked open to stop it from doing it again. Since you let it sit for hours and it cooled down outside is the big hint it was vapor locked. My '94 and '99 E250's have done this to me. I'm in the Northeast and it's a problem on very warm days in March and early April. A couple years ago over 50 trucks in the fleet when down on one early warm day hence that's when we found out it's a common problem.
--
John
"Anything you say can & will be misquoted & used against you"