1995 F150 Help - Can not fix!

Update:

With the different computer in it I now have the following codes:

565 Canister purge ckt fault

172 EGO not switching, lean exh bank 1

It will go a long time sometimes and run great. I had to drive about 1/2 hour and 20 miles before I could get it to do it. Then ran shitty all the way home. Bog, pop back and run great on wide open throttle.

Reply to
LOOK2X

CANP solenoid circuit has a short to ground or an open? Try tracing the circuit and find if a connector is dirty. Also pull your CANP and see if it holds vacuum, you might have to apply battery voltage to test it. No vacuum held replace the CANP, but replacing the solenoid probably won't fix the circuit failure. I don't think the CANP failure will cause the engine to run bad.

Lean exhaust bank 1 could be a vacuum leak, intake manifold leak, weak fuel pressure. Basically too much air or not enough fuel, but the computer is complaining that it can't get bank 1 into closed loop fuel control mode, this helps your gas mileage by adjusting the fuel flow to the cylinders based on what the O2 sensor reports.

Reply to
sleepdog

circuit has a short to ground or an open? Try tracing

Oh yeah I forgot, lean condition could also trigger the computer to try and compensate with more fuel to balance out the air/fuel ratio, resulting in too much fuel delivery, which could also be causing the engine to run bad.

More than likely you have a really bad intake leak. A smoke pen might help, you light the wick and see if any smoke gets sucked in through anywhere.

Reply to
sleepdog

Thank you, I will try that!

Reply to