1995 Ford Contour

My mother in law has the subject car that leaks antifreeze. It has a 2.0 l 4 cylinder and she has taken it to a garage that replaced all the radiator hoses.
Last night I put the car on blocks and it appears the leak is coming from a pan that is on the transaxle. I took the air cleaner off and inspected the top of the transaxle and it appears to be clean. My question is does the transaxle have a cooling device that would have antifreeze running to it? Also does anyone have any idea what may be leaking?
Thanks! Mark
No the transmission does not have coolant flowing through it. The coolant is most likely coming from the upper radiator hose connection or thermostat housing and flowing down the block and collecting where you see it. Feel with your fingers under behind around all the places coolant flows, feeling for moisture. It would be a good ideal to install a pressure tester.

cylinder and she has taken it to a garage that replaced all the radiator hoses. Last night I put the car on blocks and it appears the leak is coming from a pan that is on the transaxle. I took the air cleaner off and inspected the top of the transaxle and it appears to be clean. My question is does the transaxle have a cooling device that would have antifreeze running to it? Also does anyone have any idea what may be leaking?

l 4 cylinder and she has taken it to a garage that replaced all the radiator hoses. Last night I put the car on blocks and it appears the leak is coming from a pan that is on the transaxle. I took the air cleaner off and inspected the top of the transaxle and it appears to be clean. My question is does the transaxle have a cooling device that would have antifreeze running to it? Also does anyone have any idea what may be leaking?

I've replaced ALL the heater hoses on my 96 2 litre Zetec. It's not a fun or easy job. If I remember, there's a hose on the thermostat housing that necks down from 3/4 to 5/8 (just guessing the sizes) that isn't available anywhere (at least not here in Houston) but the Ford dealer. If the garage tried using a "universal" fit, that could be the problem. Also, the thermostat uses an o-ring to seal. If that's a bit nicked or was re-used that could be a problem too. It's located at the back of the head just above the trans. I think I spent almost 200 bucks on the hoses from Ford but no leaks!