1995 Ford Escort clunking sound coming from right front

I have a 1995 Escort LX (1.9L) sedan. There is a clunking noise coming from the right front. It hear it when I accelerate from a stop at a traffic light/stop sign. I also hear it when I go over bumps.
It doesn't happen at all when I corner, so I don't think it's a ball joint/steering issue. My steering doesn't wobble at like some of the other posts I read.
It only happens when I hit bumps or when I accelerate.
Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks! iamdrumming

Could be CV joint, steering, struts or springs.
Get it check and fixed. Bring your checkbook or your credit cards.
Jeff

Hi Jeff, and thanks for the reply.
The rear springs and front struts have been recently replaced, so I don't think that's an issue, but who knows! :)
It could be the CV joint as you said, or maybe a steering issue.
iamdrumming wrote:

Motor mount(s).
How many miles are on the car? How old are the tie rod ends?
Check the bolts on the front sway bar. One person on http://www.feoa.net had a loose steering rack (meaning that the bolts holding the steering rack wee loose.
On Mar 9, 3:04 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

There is 184,000 kms on the car. One tie rod end is fairly new (under 2 years old), and the other one is still the factory tie rod end as far as I know.

Hi Sharon,
I was wondering the same thing, and now I'm fairly certain one of the motor mounts is shot. Do you know how much it costs to fix it?