1995 Ford Explorer Won't Start

The facts:

- 4WD, automatic tranny, fuel injection, brand new battery.

- It does start 4 out of 5 times at least

- It has nothing to do with temperature

- When I wait a few hours and try again, it usually works.

- It turns over fine -- new battery.

- Once it starts and the car is put in gear, it goes fine. It's only stalled out once.

- Used to be that after I had been driving for 4 hours or more, it'd be prone not to start. Now it seems prone not to start after driving for 15 minutes.

Could it be the fuel injection?

Thanks a million.

- RP

Reply to
TwoCentsFree

On a ten year old vehicle it is more likely the fuel filter or pump.

mike hunt

TwoCentsFree wrote:

Reply to
MelvinGibson

Check spark then fuel supply If spark is evident try looking at fuel pressure, if low could be fuel pump, or pressure regulator.

Reply to
Michael McGroarty