1995 Ford Ranger - When Hot it Will Not Start

Lately when my Ranger gets hot and you shut it down it will not start again without waiting for a period of time. Sometimes 20 minutes and sometimes several hours. It happened once last summer, and I brought it
to a garage and he could not figure it out either, so I am hoping to get some ideas from the group. It has happened twice in the last three days.
The only things I can think of are the fuel pump fuse (which is mounted on the fender), the fuel pump itself (which to me really does not make sense since the problem seems to be heat assoc.), so I ruled that out.
One thing I just thought of, could it be the oxygen sensor?
Thanks in advance for your help
ChrisW
ChrisW opined in

Will it start - hot- when you floor it?
If so, you may have leaky injector(s)... and has your mileage changed? If you smell slight sulfur from your exhaust occasionally, it may be the Engine Coolant Temo sensor
No it will not. That is what I tried today just to see.
ChrisW
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Does the engine turn over and not start, or does the engine not turn over at all.
Joel

Engine
I had that problem on my 91 Ranger. 3.0ltr V6. It ended up being my coil. It would get hot and not work after I truned the truck off sometimes.
Could be the same thing on yours.
Joel

start
it
get
days.
mounted
make
out.
If

I had an 83 that would stop randomly while driving ... it was an ignition control module and cost me about $30 and 15 min of screwdriver work to replace.
Another thought might be what happend to our Civic ... in the morning it would start fine, in the afternoon it would "crank" but not start ... after sitting in the sun all day. Took it to the mechanic and he diagnosed an electrical component that would be hot in the sun and not allow the connection to take place that would get the crank to the engine. $70 bucks for the part, $30 for labor.
Good luck
~BJ (soon to be girlfoot)
What is the ECM? (I am lousy with initials)
ChrisW
Thomas Moats wrote:

engine computer

Thanks everyone. I believe it is either the coil or ignition module. I am going to see if Auto Zone still does computer checks for free and go from there.
ChrisW
ChrisW wrote:

ChrisW opined in

If it's the ign module, (which it may be) does it HAVE "one" -Distributor, I mean- it prolly wont show in code... same with coil (which it prolly isnt).

no. car will start just fine with bad or missing O2 sensor.
An idea - not that i've had it happen.. could be the MAP (BAP) sensor. It's all electronic thus susceptible to heat related repeated failure.
You don't, need a gauge.

the
sure
So do you just disconnect fuel line like on a regular carb.?
ChrisW
Thomas Moats wrote:

No you need a gauge, which is installed to the Schrader valve.

for
not
and
test