Need more info!!!! Did it just START having this problem or was the above
an attempt to fix?
1. Does the fuel pump run when you switch ignition on? should run for 1-2
- collision cut-out switch tripped?
- try holding gas to floor while cranking
- pump pedal several times while cranking
2. Disconnect center dist wire (from coil), insert old plug, have someone
crank the car with plug lying on engine metal or bracket
3 get a test light... test coil primary terminals. both probably light
with ign on, one term will have an off-blink as cranked.
- get the ign module tool from parts store, remove TFI module on side of
dist, if caked, replace the module and use fresh heat-sink grease
the fuel pump buzzes for a couple of seconds there is no pressure at fuel
filter or at top of motor were pressure gauge goes------- i was driving
down the road and the car just stop running as if there was no gas....
thank you for your input
You still didn't say WHY you replaced the pump.
If you replaced it *because* the car stopped running, and it still won't run with
the new pump that buzzes as it should, then there's something else wrong.
Maybe a blocked or kinked fuel line between the pump and filter (does it
squirt gas at all with the filter removed and the key turned to "on" for
the 2-second buzz?).
Maybe some part of the pump fell off, or wasn't installed correctly, like
the pickup tube, the in-tank filter "sock", or the outlet pipe.
Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.