1995 Ford Windstar Question

Ok here is the problem. One of the tubes on the pipe from the egr to manifold pipe broke off. I've repaired that. But I can't recall which hose goes where on the dpfe sensor. Rookie mistake for not labeling them I know. The dpfe sensor has a high side (tube to the left, looking at it from the front of the car, larger bore then the other). The other side I believe is reference (marked REF). The hoses as they are now is the pipe on the top most part of that tube goes to REF. The other pipe/hose is hooked to the high end. Sorry if my explanation is complicated but I'm wondering if someone could have a look at their motor and see what side the top most hose on the pipe is hooked to on the dpfe. Sorry also need to mention it is a

3.8 Litre motor. Thanks in advance for your time.
Reply to
Robert

Don't know your vehicle, but can offer some simple logic: HIGH is the high pressure side of the sensor. EGR flow is from the exhaust to the intake manifold (or throttle body). So the tube closer to the exhaust goes to the HIGH port of the DPFE. If I remember correctly, the DPFE nipples are not the same size. Unless you replaced the tubes of cut off their ends, one should be flared or stretched larger than the other. By the way, if you ended up replacing one of those, hopefully you did not use a simple rubber tube; because of the high temperature, these need to be heat resistant (possibly silicone).

Reply to
Happy Traveler

Reply to
Robert