1995 Ford Wndstar GL, 3.8L (Sucks)

Ford &^%$ Sucks!!!!!!! We have a 1995 Ford Windstar GL, 3.8L. The tranny just went out & it;s never been Beat., + I just found out Ford has alot of problems with the Windstars............ Like a Chevy boy told me: Ford was the 1st to make cars in the USA & Ford still hasn't gotten it right yet. (FORD SUCKS)

Brian in Wisconsin.

Reply to
Brian and Michelle

That's right... Chevette's the answer.

I feel your pain ... now f@#$@ off!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

If you had done your research before you bought that Windstar, you would have known that both the transmission and engine are notorious for problems. Do a quick search on 3.8L head gasket, or Windstar transmission. There must be a dozen posts every month on this newsgroup alone on just those two subjects. And FYI, Ford HAS fixed both issues, they started replacing the head gasket material in the newer V6 engines (1998 and up, someone correct me if I'm wrong). The transmission problem had something to do with a weak part that has been upgraded. I'm not an expert in either area, but at least I have seen it brought up in here more than enough to know, avoid buying certain year Windstars.

A simple search with Google of "windstar transmission" brought up numerous hits, including this one. Read up.

Remember, you're the one who bought that Ford. Nobody forced you to, so don't come crying in here just because you couldn't be bothered to inform yourself before you handed over the cash for it. Every car manufacturer has its problems, including Chevrolet.

Just my 2 cents, Sharky

Reply to
Sharky

There are over 100 of those 3.8 liter V6s flying in aircraft today, but most get new headgaskets each year.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Does anyone else see something wrong with complaining about a 10 year old vehicle?

Reply to
scott21230

Ah, webtv strikes again...

As for Chevy transmissions, they never fail, but every time my Dads TH350 shifts to second gear, he runs over a cat, at least thats what is sounds like, a high pitched REOWR type of noise. We don't seem to be loosing any cats in the area though...

SteveL

Reply to
pakeha

Good point Sharky, this info is all common knowledge on this newsgroup. Too bad many of us (myself included) don't find (or look for) this info "until later".

Tom

Reply to
Tom Duller