1995 GT 5.0 'Stang- CEL- finally fixed!

Just an FYI. My dad and I have uncovered a long standing CEL with "Sally". After doing the normal things, we finally uncovered the issue- oil/residue from a K&N filter on the MAF sensor. He's been
without the filter for 2 years now and with a CEL light. After cleaning the sensor with a cotton swab and alcohol, she runs like there's no tomorrow and the light is gone. I once stood strong on these filters, but have since changed my thoughts. I'm not downing them, but after a lot of research, I think I'll sacrifice a bit of airflow for dry filtration.
you think that is bad, try running a K&N on a diesel engine.
or better, yet, don't. the K&N lets very small particles pass, causing a condition on a diesel engine called "dusting". basically what happens is the small particles the filter lets pass smoothes the edges of the turbocharger vanes, wearing them down, which reducing it's effectiveness. and if left on long enough will blow the engine up.

K&N filters are more proof that a sucker is born every minute.