1995 GT 5.0 'Stang- CEL- finally fixed!

Just an FYI. My dad and I have uncovered a long standing CEL with "Sally". After doing the normal things, we finally uncovered the issue- oil/residue from a K&N filter on the MAF sensor. He's been without the filter for 2 years now and with a CEL light. After cleaning the sensor with a cotton swab and alcohol, she runs like there's no tomorrow and the light is gone. I once stood strong on these filters, but have since changed my thoughts. I'm not downing them, but after a lot of research, I think I'll sacrifice a bit of airflow for dry filtration.

Reply to
Steve R

you think that is bad, try running a K&N on a diesel engine.

Reply to
Tom

K&N filters are more proof that a sucker is born every minute.

Reply to
Scott