1995 Mark VIII exterior door handles

Now I'm in big trouble. For the last three months my passenger door handle has been broken. Tonight the drivers door handle broke. I'm lucky the window was open so
I could reach inside and open the door. It's kinda a big deal to buy and install these right? One side has the keyless entry that I have only used once. I need to get started on the project because I don't want to leave my window open. Where can I get a good deal on a pair of these handles? Do they have to be plastic again? I guess they will need to be painted also. Thanks for any help if you have been through this before.
What is a 1995 Mark III?
mike hunt

snipped-for-privacy@ka.net wrote:

Change the door handle on a '95 Mark VIII: http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00148.html
Sharon K. Cooke wrote:

Thanks Sharon. This makes me feel better already. I wasn't sure just the handle could be replaced. I thought the whole assembly around the handle also had to be replaced but now I know it doesn't. Now where should I buy the handles?
snipped-for-privacy@ka.net wrote:

I don't know if the aftermarket supplies handles for your make and model, but I've yet to see an aftermarket door handle for anything that isn't made in China or some similar country. The ones I've seen had about half the material in them and broke much quicker than the factory made ones. So....... I would bit the bullet, buy from the dealer or at least one that has a Ford part number on it and make sure the internal linkages are well lubricated. My $.02 worth.
Kruse wrote:

I guess it will end up being plastic from the dealer. I hoped for aftermarket metal.
snipped-for-privacy@ka.net wrote:

Got a Ford part number? Sometimes you can get a break at fordparts dot com.
Kruse wrote:

Usually I'm good at this but I haven't found any door handles at any of the ford or lincoln part sites yet.
snipped-for-privacy@ka.net wrote:

Drivers side door handle: XF3Z-6322405-AA $14 (unpainted) try fastpartsnetwork or 5 Star Ford.
Sharon K. Cooke wrote:

Your wonderful. Thanks I'm checking that out now.