1995 Probe GT - battery conked out

I had this Interstate for about 4 years (or a little less), and my service station (that I'm into for some nice cash due to tune-ups and brake jobs!) wants to see me an AC Delco 58R for $105 including the simple install.

I've read that the Probe GT goes through batteries every 4 years and I've been through 2 now as I'm the original owner.

It appears that batteries are impossible to order over the net and most of the distributors are service stations.

Any recommendations? It seems that Interstate, Motorcraft and Delco are about the only batteries that people are using for this car. I don't think there's a Sears Diehard in a 58R.

Reply to
Mohair

Just go to NAPA or even Pep Boys and get the largest capacity battery that will fir in your car. Get one where you can remove the vents and add water. It should last at least 6 years, as long as it's rated to last that long.

Reply to
Childfree Scott

How about a DIY or FREE install at Advance Auto Parts of their Autocraft

58R2 Silver series battery... 2 yrs. replacement / 72 mo. pro-rated? It's only $49.94 too. I've had real good luck with the Dynasty/Johnson Controls EverStart MAXX series of batteries available at WalMart with a 3 year replacement / 80 mo. pro-rated... 58R though... I don't know if they have it. I'll check next time in. AutoZone has a 7 year battery for $50.00, the 8 year battery is $70.00 in the 58R, both also by Dynasty/Johnson, so WalMart probably has it too.

Rob

* * *
Reply to
Trainfan1