1995 Town Car mileage

Over the past while I have been getting about 17 mpg in all city with some stop and go traffic. The instantaneous mpg can go up to 35-40 mpg while running at about 35 mph on a level paved road. A/C has been off.

Does this seem like normal mpg for the Town Car or should I be getting better economy and start looking atO2 Sensors.

TIA

Reply to
Lloyd Cimprich

The instaneous mileage go up is probably the car just coasting along and slowing down 1 or 2 mph.

The 17 mph average sounds about right.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff
17mpg in stop-and-go traffic seems about right to me. I drive a '95 CV with a similar drive train. I get around 22 in town because 3/4 of my commute is freeway... on open freeway, gas station to gas station, I usually hit 27 using air and driving at speed to keep with traffic...

Hope this helps! - PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton

Lloyd,

I also have a 95 TC. I get about 22 MPG in mixed highway/city driving and about 25 MPG on the open road. I don't really do enough pure "city" driving to give an accurate estimate, but 17 MPG does not sound out of line for stop and go. I would leave the car as is, unless you are having other symptoms of a poorly running engine.

Rock

"Lloyd Cimprich" wrote in news:U%Ttc.11719$ snipped-for-privacy@nntp-post.primus.ca:

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000Newsgroups

Rock

I have a 95 TC with 142,xxx miles. Highway at 65-75 with A/C on gets me around 25-27mpg. In hilly country or with 5 people and a full trunk, might lose a couple mpg. In daily commute, gettin' the groceries and waiting in the drive thru at one of the local garbage bins, I usually see between 17 and 19mpg.

Wanna have real fun with the instant mpg? Find a decent hill with a 40+ speed limit and let it coast down the hill between 35 and 45 mpg. I have such a hill right by my house and get...

are you ready?....

99MPG! YEAH!!!!!!

Of course, I only get about 10-12 instant going UP that same hill in the other direction. Guess it all evens out somehow.

Gary Kasten

Reply to
VideoGuy

Rock, I wanted to thank you for your suggestion that I change the brake line on my

94 Taurus. When I removed it, a test revealed that it was completely clogged. I will change the lines on the other wheels when I have a chance. Thanks again Andy-j
Reply to
Andy-j

We change brake fluid every two years or 50K, WOF.

mike hunt

Andy wrote:

Reply to
BrickMason