1995 wind star problems

first off sorry for the spelling . my brother in laws van , he was going down the road all of a sudden it spits sputters then dies .waits for a min
or two gets it to my place but just barley still running ruff. ask him last time got a tune up done (never) plus i run my scanner on it, it is a mac tools scanner professional enhanced scan tool. says misfire on cylinder #4 . check the spark on cylinder it is there but not blue was orange .so any how changes out the coil pac what a pain that was to get out. get back togeather he tries to start . after a few tries starts up sounds nice . rescan misfire gone but got a p1000 code then after five mins just spits sputters then dies now wont start . your thoughts ,going to replace the egr valve and get the rest of the tune up done ,thanks to any replys in advance
any one ,any one at all ?

Well..... you have a no start..... time for the good old no start diag... spark? fuel pressure (with a gauge... nothing else is good)? Injector pulse?
One good bet... find out what a P1000 means. Without this knowledge and some of the knowledge (or documnetation) required, that scan tool is not much help...
If it was that easy, I'd be out of a job....

thanks will do , checked my mitchel on demand start problems also .

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 06:59:08 -0400, "john smith"

Hope this helps jj