1996 Aspire 5 speed replacement options

Need to replace the manual transmission in a 1996 Aspire. What years and model of Aspire, Festiva or Mazda would the transmissions be compatible? Also, since this is the second transmission to go bad in this
car is there a known reliability problem with these things?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Gene from Georgia
It's a Ford isn't it?

be

be
1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 Aspire only transmission. $300.00 should put you into a good tranny from a yard.

Have not heard of specific problems, should be good to 200K miles w/o trouble I would think behind the 1.3L. Early Korean trannies (Hyundai Accent, eg., from early 80's) had some problems. Use a good synthetic gear oil of recommended type(I'm not sure if this unit calls for hypoid or ATF) to reduce the failure rate.
Good luck!
Rob * * *