1996 Explorer Antenna Replacement - Eddie Bauer

I've just replaced the power antenna, as I thought the motor was shot, but the antenna will not go up and down. I attached the wires, but I think there may be problems with the wires that lead out from the old
harness. Is there a way for me to bypass the harness and hook up the wires from the antenna to the stereo, and where do the two wires hook into if this is possible.