1996 Ford Fiesta Newer Shape Electrical Fault with lights

Has anyone come across this problem. When the switch is set to dipped beam with the ignition on the lights stay on dim/dip (sidelights) However when indicating left the dip beams on both headlights come on. They dont flash they are steady. When you cancel the indicator they go off again. Is this an electrical fault or a relay problem. I am totally baffled

Reply to
..

Sounds like a bad MF switch that controls the dim/dip, wipers, washers, turn signals, etc.

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

Can you tell me what an 'MF' Swtich is and where to find it. Thanks

Reply to
..

".." wrote

Multi Function. It's at the other end of the signal lever, inside the steering column.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

hiya,

'MF' switch is MiltiFunction switch, it's the bit at the side of the steering wheel that you use to turn lights, indicators etc on and off :)

pottsy

Thanks for all your help. It was indeed the multifunction switch. A quick tap with a screwdriver confirmed this. The lights came on. You saved me a lot of work. The inly problem is a new one is £80.00. Oh well easy come easy go!!!

Reply to
..