1996 Ford Taurus ???Electrical Problems????

For a while now my car has been working strange. It starts fine, but after you drive it for a while(3 miles or 50 miles) all of a sudden the speedometer stops working and goes to zero and if you step on the
gas the RPMs rev up so high that you have to let up and very slowly get up to speed. As soon as the speedometer stops so does the milage. Also when that happens if I try to make a turn the power steering goes out and I have to use all my strength to turn the wheel. Somebody please help me out here!!!Thanks
minnesotagirl wrote:

For starters, i would check you battery connections and clean them. Then check and clean all the under hood ground connections. Especially block to firewall or unibody.
Bob
-
minnesotagirl wrote:

Vehicle Speed Sensor.
Rob

replacing. Ford PN for the Sable is F6DZ-7F293-A.
mike