1996 Ford Taurus Radio-Tape deck stopped working.....

A couple of days ago after starting my 1996 Taurus with 120K I realized that the radio display (Time, Station etc) was completely blank. The radio/Tape had stopped working. The only indication that
there was power going to the system was that I could eject/insert audio tapes.
I checked the fuses under the drivers kick panel and the engine compartment fuses and everything seems ok.
Any clues of what the problem might be?