1996 Taurus Intermitent Park Brake Light

For the last two weeks my '96 Taurus' dash "park brake" indicator light comes on intermitently while driving, especially when cornering. The park
brake is NOT engaged at all. I'm assuming there is a switch that is activated when the park brake is engaged, and if I could find it, I would clean it out. Can anyone tell me where I might find that switch? Any other suggestions? thanks
RZ wrote:

The brake light operates in any one of four situations: - Parking brake not fully released - Proportioning valve engaged - Key in start to indicate circuit is operational - Low brake fluid
Have you checked the brake fluid level?

If it is the level, and it sounds like it probably is(cornering)....check the brake pads too, they are probably very thin.