1996 Winstar Interior lights won't shut off

I had this problem before and I cleaned what I believe to be the contacts, but when stopped, and ignition off the interior lights will not shut off,
and I disconnected the battery. What door sensor might be the culprit? What the best way to diagnose the problem?
Thank you
Turned the dash dimmer wheel too far ?????????

What

Try lubing the crap out of the latches with WD or the like and work them by opening and closing the doors. Drivers door is the most likely. I am assuming that van is like the Taurus (very common problem on that car) and has the switches in the latch.

wd-40 all door latches
you pay..DEAL with it!
tried the WD-40, problem is still there, although the lights do shut off after 30 mins or so, so I am assuming a sensor somewhere?

If you haven't already done so (or even if you have) really blast the back hatch with WD40. The openings in the sides. That is almost for sure what is going on. Yes the lights do give up after about 30 minutes even if it "thinks" a door is open.
Also if your can of WD40 is old, get a new one. You want it to really foam up when you spray it.
Tom

ok Tom...will attempt this again, is WD-40 the best?

The best? I don't know.
The guy at the hardware store recommended it and it worked. I'm sure there's probably something else, but I haven't had to pursue it.
I'm not any kind of expert. I just write about things that sound like things I have dealt with.
That rear hatch is something I have sure dealt with...several times. It's not a permanent fix, but it works for a year or three.
Tom