1997 Aerostar

Does anyone have any problems with the 4.0L eating sparkplugs? Mine goes through a set every year. I'm thinking distribution of voltage is the culprit but I'd like some input.
L89
VetteL89 wrote:

You are, of course, using Autolite platinums? They should last 100,000 mi. & then some.
Rob
On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 21:47:44 -0400, trainfan1

while the other half is still good. If you are too CHEAP to use the specified plug, change them every year. On my 3.0 I used standard non-plats and changed them every 50,000km. I figured it was better that way than letting the plats sieze in, then pull the motor to replace the plugs.

Thanks for your input you two. I've always been of this mind but was scared that the engine would do the exact same thing to the much higher priced double platinums. You can understand a concern like that, I'm sure. L89