1997 Ford Aspire

Blown head gasket, body excellent, interior excellent. Vehicle has 150k on it. It does get 47-53mpg.....should we invest in a new head gasket for it, or just junk it? I know that the value is low on these cars,
but l hate to throw it away.
Base what ever you decide on why the head gasket went. If it went due to not being maintained, there will be a lot of other work and parts needed, meaning money.

How much are you looking at for a new head gasket? If the car is otherwise in good shape, I say fix it. If there are a bunch of other problems cropping up (body rust, transmission slippage, etc) then I'd say time to donate it to charity for a tax write-off.

JT wrote:

If you are located in California, I'd take it of you want to junk it.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in 2171.public.lawson.webtv.net:

I drove for a courier service that ran these and they commonly put 400,000 miles on them.
Actually, they are Kias.