1997 Ford F150 4.2L V6 Engine Miss

Hi,
I'm curious to know how anyone has finally fixed their F150 V6 engine miss problem.
My problem got infinitely worse, immediately after our local dealership
replaced a leaky front cover gasket and water pump.
At another shop's suggestion, I had my transmission flushed and refilled, and have carefully re-routed the spark plug wires, but nothing has cured the problem.
By my standards my truck has less than 80K very light duty miles (never any heavy hauling or towing) on it.
Thanks,
Gerry
Check the condition of the cat. converters they plug up and can cause problems, also...does the plugs run through the valve cover gasket???on the 4.6 oil can leak onto the plug and cause a short/ground that will make the engine miss!!!