1997 Ford Ranger

my door ajar warning light stays on as well as the dome light. I have checked my doors and tailgate for anything in the way. is there a easy way to test the switch? any other ideas?

wafshgod wrote:

This is a common problem with mid-late 90's Rangers. Simple solution is to thoroughly spray the door latches with WD-40 while opening/closing doors. The switch gets gummed up and does not operate properly.
Dealers are well aware of the problem and unfortunately you may have to replace the switches.
Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4 and a 1970 Mach 1 351C @ http://community.webshots.com/album/18644819fHAehGJAjt