1997 Ford Ranger XL

I just bought a Ford Ranger XL 4 cylinder, 5 speed standard. Does this model have power steering? It sure as hell doesnt feel like it...i couldnt find the power steering unit under the hood, unless im lookin in the wrong
place. someone tell me if some of these came with it or not...
On 01 Jan 2005, bigdan4712 wrote:

According to Edmunds it does. http://tinyurl.com/6eru4 Or for those who want to know where they're going when they click, http://www.edmunds.com/used/1997/ford/ranger/12779/standard.html ? tidmunds.u.prices.leftsidenav..5.Ford*
--
Alex Devlin

"I don't care who you want to speak to, or how far you came, or what you

Edmunds has a list of options installed on his truck? An XL could easily have no PS, if you don't find a reservoir you don't have it.
On 01 Jan 2005, Scott wrote:

It was listed under standard features.
But now I look at it again. The extended cab has power steering as a standard feature but the standard cab doesn't. If the OP can't find the power steering reservoir and it drives like it doesn't have it then I'm assuming he has a standard cab. Either way he should check Edmunds himself and find the info for his particular truck.
--
Alex Devlin

"Never knowingly understood."
My brother looked at my truck today. It doesn't have power steering. The problem is, I got big ass tires on my truck, and its harder than hell to steer with em. Oh well, guess I'll have to visit the gym more often...heh
On 01 Jan 2005, bigdan4712 wrote:

Just watch your hands don't slip off the wheel when doing slow turns.
I did this once, when I was young and had hair, in a sports car with no power steering and wide-ass tires. My hand slipped and I smacked myself right in the balls. Went from looking cool to looking for something on the floor in one easy second. :)