1997 Ford Taurus

I have a 1997 Ford Taurus. The car is now not wanting to go into gear. After you drive it for about five minutes it will jump into gear. Can anyone tell me what
is wrong? Does anyone know what is wrong? I also need to know what type of motor oil I need to use for my car.
Cutie3280 wrote:

How can you be driving it for five minutes when its "Not in gear"????
Bob
-