1997 Ford Taurus: Blend Door Actuator

I have a 1997 Taurus with manual climate controls. The temperature blend door actuator, behind the ash tray, is making a thumping, clicking sound.
The dealer says it will take $600 to replace the blend door actuator. Is there a way to disable the blend door actuator? Can I remove the power to it? Will it affect the car?
Any help is appreciated.
Stephen Cao wrote:

You could disconnect it, but you would have no control over the output temperature of heater/AC. That's what the blend door actuator does.
Tom:
Thanks for the quick response.
So you are saying: other than having no control over the output temperature of the heater/AC, the car will not be affected? I ask this because the thumping only happens when I start the engine, not when there is power to the radio and power windows.

Stephen Cao wrote:

That's correct. There is no connection between the blend door actuator and the radio or windows,