1997 Ford Taurus Wagon - Acuator

I get clicking sounds when turning my air conditioning controls from cold to the heat.
I understand this is probably the Actuator.
My question is how hard is it for a NOOB to replace?
Also, do I need to take off the batter terminals?
If it's too hard for a NOOB, what is a fair price for a place to install it? How long does it usually take?
Any help would be appreciated.