1997 Mercury Sable LS Oxygen Sensor

Hello group I have a 97 Mercury Sable LS. Does the Service Engine light has to come on to let you know if you have a bad oxygen sensor? Well I cant ever
remember getting good gas milegae only when i fill up using BP Gas. My car had the 24valve Duratech and it has 145k. I have had the fuel injectors clean, air chamber decarbonize by the dealer. I also own a 99 Buick Park Avenue, that has 205 Horsepower and its excellent on gas as of the mercury with it 200 horsepower. Any help would be appreciative..
-- Jay Smit
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:18:44 -0600, "Jay Smit"
|Hello group I have a 97 Mercury Sable LS. Does the Service Engine light has |to come on to let you know if you have a bad oxygen sensor?
Yes If one of the O2 sensors is *out of range* the car's computer should turn on the Service Engine light
| Well I cant ever |remember getting good gas milegae only when i fill up using BP Gas. My car |had the 24valve Duratech and it has 145k. I have had the fuel injectors |clean, air chamber decarbonize by the dealer. I also own a 99 Buick Park |Avenue, that has 205 Horsepower and its excellent on gas as of the mercury |with it 200 horsepower. Any help would be appreciative..
Lg
How old are the spark plugs and the spark plugs wires... ?