1997 Mercury Sable LS Oxygen Sensor

Hello group I have a 97 Mercury Sable LS. Does the Service Engine light has to come on to let you know if you have a bad oxygen sensor? Well I cant ever remember getting good gas milegae only when i fill up using BP Gas. My car had the 24valve Duratech and it has 145k. I have had the fuel injectors clean, air chamber decarbonize by the dealer. I also own a 99 Buick Park Avenue, that has 205 Horsepower and its excellent on gas as of the mercury with it 200 horsepower. Any help would be appreciative..

-- Jay Smit

Reply to
Jay Smit

|Hello group I have a 97 Mercury Sable LS. Does the Service Engine light has |to come on to let you know if you have a bad oxygen sensor?

Yes If one of the O2 sensors is *out of range* the car's computer should turn on the Service Engine light

| Well I cant ever |remember getting good gas milegae only when i fill up using BP Gas. My car |had the 24valve Duratech and it has 145k. I have had the fuel injectors |clean, air chamber decarbonize by the dealer. I also own a 99 Buick Park |Avenue, that has 205 Horsepower and its excellent on gas as of the mercury |with it 200 horsepower. Any help would be appreciative..

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

How old are the spark plugs and the spark plugs wires... ?

Reply to
V.B. Mercon