1997 Taurus wagon steering/electrical problem

Help !!, When putting car in gear radio sound fails and steering goes out ( gets stiff ) Problem also comes and goes while driving., when changing
gear selector to park or neutral problems seems to go. Any ideas ???
--
drof

Actually, yeah. This happened to me when I installed an aftermarket stereo in my car (97 Taurus wagon). I tracked it down to the right front speaker wire which went to the rear amp, then back again. I snipped that one and ran a new speaker wire and the problem went away. Don't know why I had the problem, but it's gone now.