1998 3.0 Taurus Timing Chain or Belt

Is there a timing belt or chain in my 98 Taurus Vin Letter U not sure if 12 valve or 24 valve. If either or what is interval for a change?

Chain, supposed to last a lifetime..

it's a timing chain. And there's not really an interval to replace it as it's a major PITA. IF you're having problems with yoru car and the signs would point to a loose timing chain THEN it would time to replace it.
Tom

In posted on Sun, 03 Aug 2003 17:28:22 GMT:

Would a loose timing chain cause the engine to clatter on Premium gasoline?
Damaeus
sounds like we have the same set of problems. heater core and clatter!