1998 Contour/Mystique MPG Fuel Economy--What are you getting ??

I just bought the V6 automatic and am wondering what other members have been getting with this same combination---thanks in advance for the information.

LOL Fred

Reply to
septicman

Check on

When I had a '95 Mystique (Mercury version of Contour), I typically got in the low 20's in suburban driving. The average was 21.24 over the 6 years I had it.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

My 2000 5 speed gets low 20's in the city, 25 to 28 on the highway.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

I have a 1997 Contour with the manual transmission and V6. I get about

27 to 28 mpg with mostly highway driving. The car with the manual transmission is rated at 30 mpg highway/20 city. The car with the automatic is rated at about 29 mpg highway/19 city, so if I had a automatic transmission, I would expect about 1 mpg less.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff