1998 contour stereo

I have been having problems with the factory stereo for quite some time now. Finally I decided to buy an after market stereo. I was going to try the
install myself first and the only thing I can not seem to find it the factory amp. After some research I know I can simply bypass the factory Amp and wore the new stereo to the speakers with a bypass/jumper cable set. Does anyone know where the actual Amp is located so I can disconnect the wireing harness??
Keith

www.contour.org
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=audio
you pay..DEAL with it!