1998 escort cooling

My car is overheating and there is alot of pressure in the system causing the resevior to overflow at time. I don't think it's the thermostat cuz I just changed it and it did it again. I just got the car. And they said
they flushed the radiator, but I did it again anyway and a little bit of white slimy stuff came out, and the radiator drain was clogged so i had to put a lot of pressure in to get it to drain. any ideas?
Try a new radiator cap.
NJBonyata wrote:

Sharon K.Cooke wrote:

Is the car actually overheating? Or does it just blow cooland into the bottle and overflow it? If the new cap doesn't help, then does the upper rad hose get hot when the engine is up to operating temp? If not, the "new" thermostat is bad. If the upper hose is hot, you may have exhaust pressure entering the cooling systen (head gasket or cracked head).         Good luck, Tom Adkins