1998 Ford E350 Triton V8 starts and dies

Hi all

Having problems with the .subject were it will run for awhile then die. Starts right back up and it doesn't seem to matter if it is hot or cold.

Background stuff you also might need to know: This van was moose hit last spring which pushed in the Radiator, Airconditioner Condenser and secondary tranny cooler. Battery exploded because of the impact ( not fire and smoke ) and spewed fluid over the top of the block and other nearby objects. I pulled the stuff out of the fan, hooked up a new battery, provided for cooling and the thing started immediately and ran for about 1/2 hour before I shut her down.

Van sat for about a year after my initial stuff done ( above ). Nice day Saturday so I decided to give the van another look. I pulled all the broken plastic parts out that I could find, AirConditioner condenser along with the other air conditioner stuff: heater core, fans, and piping as they also were smashed on impact; then replaced the radiator, added coolant and gas and fired her up. Ran for awhile then died. Starts right back up. Runs then dies. I checked for broken connections and vaccum lines but found none. All the wiring is connected as before: no plugs hanging in the engine compartmnet! The only part that might be different is the incoming air piping/tubing and widgets for the air intake stuff. They are connected electrically, but just hanging physically as some of the parts needed to hold them in place are in many pieces.

I thought the we might have bad gas and put an additional 5 gals in along with checking the fuel filters. Van runs down the road at 70, but dies, then we wait, then runs, then dies...

Ideas?

thanks in advance!

todh

Reply to
ctclibby

If I remember correctly, the MAF sensor is in the air filter box or attached to it. The hose between the AF box and the throttle body MUST be connected, with NO air leaks, for it to run right. Yea, it's a hassle removing and replacing it to access the front of the motor. I believe the Intake Air Temp sensor is in the Air Filter to Throttle Body hose also.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Try running with the gas cap off for a while. If it doesn't die going down the road that way, it's a return air to the tank problem.

Reply to
Sharon Cooke