1998 Ford Taurus SE

I'm leaking power steering fluid and it's making a whining grinding noise. The leak is coming from behind the drivers side tire. I just replaced the
pump so I need to know if I should replace the pressure hose or what. I need answers quick. This is my only car and I need it back on the road.
Add pictures here
✖
ErinG wrote:

... so you put the car up on jackstands or ramps and used a flashlight to inspect the steering gear, and the leak was coming from... where?
Add pictures here
✖
Power steering leaking from under the drivers side tire, It sounded fine this morning,and it didn't make any noise but I lost all power steering...very hard to steer!!!.I'm a single mom who is new at this car repair stuff but so far so good!!!Any advice?
Add pictures here
✖
ErinG wrote:

You need to look at the steering gear itself and determine if it is leaking from a hose attach point, from a broken hose, or from a seal. This can probably be done from underneath the car. It might be easier if you remove the wheel and the wheel well liner.
Add pictures here
✖
ErinG wrote:

The power steering rack seal(s) failed.
Replaced the rack assembly w/ a warranteed remanufactured unit:
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode ĄC&mfrpartnumber"232
Plan on $250 minimum and probably $400 to $500 installed in most areas.
Rob
Add pictures here
✖