1998 Grand Marquis: Suggested service?

I would greatly appreciate any advice!
Situation: I have a 1998 Grand Marquis at 95K miles which has been *extremely* reliable so far. I love not having a car payment :) and this thing is
great for trips. It clunks occationally around turns and over bumps and the suspension and steering seem somewhat loose. Acceleration is decent but hesistates up until about 20 mph, then it gets going. Pings pretty bad in warm weather on 87 gas. I've kept up on routine maintenance (engine and transmission oil changes, radiator flushed, etc).
Question: How long can I reasonably expect this car to be reliable? Are there any major things I should replace if I'm looking to keep this car for a while longer? Or, should I just keep up routine maintenance and replace parts as they break? I'll have to pay for any major service that needs to be done since I'm no mechanic.
Specifically I'm thinking about the suspension: I've heard a bad suspension can burn off the tires; should I get it fixed or just buy cheapo tires from now on?
Thanks -- Joel
It wont be reliable long if you keep ignoring those little warning signs.
Find out what the clunk is... probably not serious but it could be ..and why wait for a surprise.
As to the pinging, clean the MAF. In extreme instances that could be causing your hesitation.
http://www.crownvic.net/tech/cleanmaf.html
This guy isnt thorough enough... you can use rubbing alcohol and a soft- bristled brush... even a "chip brush" from Lowes paint dept. The sensor element is NOT real delicate, just dont bend anything.
You can remove the secure-torx screws with a small vise-grip then replace them with something more accessible.. the secure things were to keep out the curious.
And now you know where to go to discuss your enthusiasm over that Crown Vic
Joel opined in