1998 Mercury Grand Marquis V8-281 4.6L

Need some advice:
Bought the Mercury GM new and have kept up the maintenance. Got a nagging problem that seems to be getting worse byt he day. The engine light keeps coming
on and then going off for a while. All fluids and temp remain normal but have a real erratic idle primarily especially when cold. 6 months ago I took it to a local shop and he cleaned the throttle body and the surrounding area and I think he replaced the idle air control valve...kind of worked...no more engine light( until now) but from time to time I got the erratic idle especially when cold. The scan tool says P1507 and as of late P156. P1507 puts me back in the idle control valve area and throttle body...the P156 says it a oxygen sensor rear passenger....may be the effect of the P1507 problem. At this point, I just don't know and was hoping someone out there may have seen this type of problem before. Also the car has been great and now has 148k on the speedometer and consistency get 20 miles a gallon. Appreciate any advice
thank you Lee

[...]

your first fix should be word wrap
My best advice is to return to the shop that "kind of" fixed it and have them make it right with you.