1998 Ranger heater control valve

My Ranger is leaking coolent from the heater control valve. Are their any special instructions I need to follow to replace it?

I have an 88 Ranger also. I've been posting to the alt.trucks.ford group. I've got problems with the engine not getting up to a good operating temperature. Usually stays just above the first line on the guage and the heat sucks. Also don't think my two barrell is working properly.
Exactly where is the heater control valve you are talking about? There are two hoses coming out of the heater core itself. One goes to the bottom front of the motor, around the bottom of the water pump I think. The other hose from the core goes a little ways and then there is a tee fitting. the line from the tee fitting goes to right beneath the carburetor. The hose on the other end of the tee goes to the top of the water pump around close to the thermostat housing. Whew!!!!!
I'll keep my eyes posted to see if I can find anything that might help either of us.

replace it. The heater problem is probably because of the same reason, or it is low on coolant, or if it has one, the heater control valve. Do the t-stat first.

======================Just do it when the engine is cold.....:)