1998 Sable - Dome light won't go off

I'm rather new to Fords and Mercury's, been a Jeep guy last several years. However I purchased a very nice 1998 Sable recently that has a small
annoying problem. The dome light will not go off, so I had to remove the bulb. And I now find the previous owner has put a small square of black tape over the "door open" indicator on the dash, so he must have had this problem for awhile. I've looked at the doors and don't see an obvious lamp switch on them. And all of the doors are securely closed and latched. Can anyone point me in the right direction to correct this? Anyone else "been there, done that" that has an answer?
Thanks! Tim

Just about everyone with a later ford, as a search on this group will attest.
Liberal WD40 to the door latches, while operating. That is where the switch is and dried lube/dust causes them to stick.
you pay..DEAL with it!
Squirt WD40 in your door latches , thats where the switches are located
Be sure to use enough of it to rinse any dirt out