1998 SVT Contour Moonroof switch problems

My '98 SVT moonroof got stuck in place. I followed some instructions on the Contour Enthusiasts' Group website

to disassemble the moonroof gearbox, move the motor shaft, and get it running again, but while I had it apart, the red-and-black switch control gearset shifted, and screwed up the sequencing on the control switch. Now the motor is running again, but now when you push the button the roof stops at odd places. Baseline position doesn't seem to be marked on the gears. Any ideas?

Dan Hollenbaugh

Reply to
Dan & Jan Hollenbaugh

Went back into CEG and found a simple solution - set the roof at full closed, connect the motor to electrical power but not to the roof, and cycle the switch 'til it matches the roof position. Then install the motor.

Major league D'oh! when I read that.

Dan

Reply to
Dan & Jan Hollenbaugh