1998 Windstar door bell is killing me!

In wet weather it gives us a break, but when it's dry it consistently ding, ding, dings, any time we are under 20 MPH, including stopped at a light. We've tried without success to figure out which door might have a bad sensor. Any ideas? Summer is coming and I'd really like to "disconnect" the bell!

Reply to
This old Bob

Is it JUST the alarm?

No door ajar lite?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

One way he can tell is to compare the sound... If the chime he hears when driving is different from the door chime he usually hears, another module could be trying to signal that it's visual warming device is faulty. Both ABS and SRS can do this.

If this is indeed the door ajar warning, it will usually be associated with odd interior light behaviour as well as an illuminated door ajar lamp.

Reply to
Jim Warman

I had nearly the same problem on my 98 Windstar, but my interior lights stayed on and the chime dinged whenever it rained - sorta like arthritis.

WD-40 did the trick. I used it liberally on the latch mechanism.

Reply to
GMach3