1999 4.6L tech question

Ref. 1999-2000 Police Crown Vics: Are these 4.6s different than the non-police version? If so, what are the enhancements, if any, on these engines? PI heads?
I notice the lack of EDIS coil packs and secondary ignition wires as found on earlier engines. Where are the coils? On the plugs themselves? Thanks much.
C8oe
police version has dual exhaust

ALL 41G package Crown Vics come with dual exhaust from the factory... not just Interceptors. I've ordered two this way.
Rob * * *

on
=========================I dont believe the *engine* itself is different. Some things on the car are. : Dual exaust, heavier frame, computer tuning/speed limiter, heavier wheels, certified speedo that reads higher too, possibly bigger alternator and battery, (not sure if it still that way) thats all I can think of off the top of my head..........
https://www.fleet.ford.com/products/fleet_showroom/2004fleetshowroom/2004-cvicpolice.asp
http://www.downsford.com/order_guides/2004%20Crown%20Victoria%20Order%20Guide.pdf
http://www.fordvehicles.com/Cars/crownvictoria/features/specperformance /
The engine is the same between civilian and police version if you get the dual exhaust option. The later engines all have coil on plug ignition.
Ed