1999 Crown Vic starts,,,,,,,

When I start my CV, sometimes the idle will come right up. Other times it seems it will not idle fast enough to continue running. Other times I will hear a pop and the idle will come up to where I think it should be. Any ideas?

Reply to
rickheel

rickheel opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Usually, seeing that symptom, people look at cleaning the idle control valve aka:

IAC, ISC, Idle Air Bypass...

As you might suspect, this is located on the throttle body right near the throttle plate.. check the passages too.

Could also be sticky actuator for that valve

Use only approved cleaners! Not old Carb cleaner you have on your shelf!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thanks for the help!

Reply to
rickheel

FWIW, I've had great success cleaning up these carboned pieces with good old carb cleaner.

Reply to
Mark