1999 Crown Vic starts,,,,,,,

When I start my CV, sometimes the idle will come right up. Other times it seems it will not idle fast enough to continue running. Other times I will hear a pop and the idle will come up to where I think it should be. Any
ideas?
rickheel opined in

Usually, seeing that symptom, people look at cleaning the idle control valve aka:
IAC, ISC, Idle Air Bypass...
As you might suspect, this is located on the throttle body right near the throttle plate.. check the passages too.
Could also be sticky actuator for that valve
Use only approved cleaners! Not old Carb cleaner you have on your shelf!

FWIW, I've had great success cleaning up these carboned pieces with good old carb cleaner.
change the idle air controller on the intake. my 3 crown vics have all done the same thing.

Thanks for the help!