1999 Ford E-350 Won't crank help!

Hi buddy has a 1999 E-350 Econoline 5.4 litre with 25,000 miles that the starter won't crank. Everything on the ignition circuit functions, I swapped in a new starter only to find out that the power to the "I"
wire on the starter mounted solenoid is open when I select start. I checked the neutral start switch on the transmission, replaced with a new Ford unit. No start. Fuses, no specific start relay in the Owner's manual. Any idea on which direction to proceed is appreciated.
Thanks
Bush

Most fords I"ve seen have a solenoid(relay) mounted on the inside of the engine compartment near the battery that feeds the starter.