1999 Ford E-350 Won't crank help!

Hi buddy has a 1999 E-350 Econoline 5.4 litre with 25,000 miles that the starter won't crank. Everything on the ignition circuit functions, I swapped in a new starter only to find out that the power to the "I" wire on the starter mounted solenoid is open when I select start. I checked the neutral start switch on the transmission, replaced with a new Ford unit. No start. Fuses, no specific start relay in the Owner's manual. Any idea on which direction to proceed is appreciated.

Thanks

Bush

Reply to
Bush

Most fords I"ve seen have a solenoid(relay) mounted on the inside of the engine compartment near the battery that feeds the starter.

Reply to
AZGuy