1999 ford escort

Would not start even with a jump, someone said un-hook one battery terminal then hook it back up, I did and it started. repair man said i had a bad wireing harness, because i had put lead battery terminals on
battery and it was pulling too many amps, but i have had these terminals on for some time everything looks ok. help
sounds like something reset when you took away the power
"tomred" wrote

A bit of corrosion between the battery post and the cable clamp. You un-hooked it, scraping some of crap off in the process, then re-hooked it, making at least a half-decent connection. Take it apart again, clean both mating surfaces until they're shiny, and put it back together.

The repair man is an idiot. (just my opinion)