1999 Ford Ranger - Fan Control Speed #2

The speed #2 for the fan control seems to have died (it is running the fan as speed #1, when you turn to #2).

Any ideas??

I have yet to check the manual (as I just noticed it on the way in to work this morning.)

Scott

Reply to
ariss_hill

The fan speed is controlled by a network of resistors. Most likely the resistor associated with the #2 speed has burned out. I am not sure where the resistors are on a '99. On older Rangers they were on a board screwed into the heater air box and they could be easily removed from the engine compartment. You might take a look and see if they are visible (look for a group of wires going into the heater box). It is also possible you have a bad switch, or a bad wire somewhere in the circuit. If the resistor network can still be accesses under the hood, it would take only a few minutes with a voltmeter to narrow down the problem.

Ed

ariss snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White