1999 Ford Taurus

On start-up it reads 1500RPM on tachometer, takes a little while before it comes down to 900RPM.Any ideas for a fix?

What's a 'little while'?
Any other start or idle problems? Any other changes in engine or car operation at all?
Look for a vacuum leak, first
you pay..DEAL with it!
Taurus idles at around 900 rpm and probably gets around 20 mpg.Otherwise the car works good.

Cold start idle should be around 13-1500 rpm. It should be gradually coming down to normal idle over about 90 seceonds. If this is a war/hot start condition, you may have a vacuum leak or the IAC needs attention. Another item that can influence idle is the TPS which can be flaky w/o setting a code. The TPS is where I would look if you are having throttle control abnormalities when driving.
Lugnut
In my Ford Taurus(1999) I have noticed that over the years everytime the battry is about to go the wipers comes on all by itself, is this normal?
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.ford / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
iere wrote:

No. Usually, the wipers do no go on by themselves.
Jeff

what if the car has gremlins?

Max Power wrote:

What group do you think this is? The AMC group? ;-)
Jeff

If the ECM is powered by windows vista !

Shawn wrote:

Windows Vista wasn't out then. However, the New Jersey Transit and NYC's Subway and Bus ticket systems are powered by Windows (I think Windows 2k on the client computers, not sure about the server computers).
Jeff